Did you know that 87% of faculty and staff and 78% of students support the University of Minnesota’s smoke- and tobacco-free campus policy? While the policy has strong support across the campus, we need to do more to improve compliance with our policy.
We need your help! Join the Share the Air Ambassadors, a team of students, staff, and faculty who are committed to improving compliance with our smoke- and tobacco-free campus policy. Share the Air Ambassadors will be trained to visit specific campus locations, appropriately remind smokers and tobacco users about the policy, and provide information about cessation resources.
Why be a Share the Air Ambassador? There are many benefits to becoming a Share the Air Ambassador, including:
- Promoting a healthier, cleaner, and more inclusive environment for everyone
- Improving compliance with the University’s smoke- and tobacco-free campus policy
- Reducing secondhand smoke exposure on campus
- Leadership experience
- Learning about public health policy
- Earning a gift card for each visit conducted
Learn more by clicking the Share the Air Ambassadors tab at www.sharetheair.umn.edu.